How to Sell Items to They Grow Like Weeds:
TGLW purchases new and gently used items by appointment only; this allows us to be able to spend the needed time to purchase your items rather than arriving with your items ready to sell and learn that we are not buying on a given day or time. We find our customers love the process!
We purchase items outright, rather than consign them.
We purchase clothing for infants to pre-teens, toys, baby gear, books, accessories, outerwear, shoes/boots, maternity, etc.
Please call us at (414) 239-0600 to schedule an appointment or ask any questions you may have.
PREPPING GUIDELINES: The following must be followed or we will not be able to look at or purchase your items.
- Items must be in excellent condition, (no stains, missing buttons, broken zippers, faded, etc.).
- Items need to be current styles/season; not more than 2-3 years old and current season only
- Clothing needs to be laundered 24-48 hours before your appointment. All baby gear and toys must be very clean to be considered for purchase
- If it zips...zip it, if it buttons....button it, if it snaps...snap it before bringing it in
- Not recalled
- All items must be neatly folded or placed flat and brought in totes or laundry baskets...NO BAGS.
- Items must be free of pet hair, lint and odor (smoke, musty, cooking odors, etc.) due to allergies
- Items must have their brand name and size tags still on
- If you are selling toys or baby gear that require a battery, it is necessary that items have working batteries that will remain with the item if purchased. Toys must have ALL of their parts to be purchased.
Things to Know:
- We reserve the right to reject any or all of items when the above guidelines have not been followed.
- Items will be carefully inspected prior to making a verbal offer to purchase. Please be aware that how you prepare the items to sell will be reflected in us buying the items, as well as the amount paid. Our offer will be for the "lot" of items we are interested in.....not itemized.
- At times, we are fully stocked for the season or in particular size clothing, thus we may not be in need of purchasing additional items.
- Payment for items purchased will be made with a store check, or if you would like to earn 30% more by taking an instore credit, we will put the amount on a store gift card for you.
- TGLW does not purchase car seats, cribs or breast pumps.
- We make every effort to schedule an appointment that works with your schedule, as well as ours, to ensure a smooth selling process for all involved.
- If for some reason you need to cancel or change your scheduled appointment, please call and we will be gladly arrange an alternate time and date. In fairness to other appointments and our schedule, if you are more than 15 min. late and do not call we will not be able to see you and will need to reschedule your appointment.
- We typically provide a reminder call prior to your appointment date/time.
Your careful attention with how you present your items for purchase is noticed, appreciated and will be reflected in the amount of items purchased, as well as how much money you can earn.
Thank you in advance for your interest in selling your items to TGLW and please feel free to call if you have any questions or require additional information. We can be reached at (414)239-0600.